Dentistry Post-op QuestionsBook An Appointment
If you are undergoing a dental procedure or operation, you will be given a set of post-operative instructions to abide by in the hours, days, and weeks after your treatment. Following these instructions is essential to preventing infections in surgical sites, protecting restorations, and minimizing the possibility of experiencing complications. Post-operative instructions vary from procedure to procedure, but you are still sure to have some questions regarding care. Your [city] dentist will be available to answer those questions and respond to any concerns you may have.
Try to anticipate some of the questions you may have about your post-operative care and ask them prior to your treatment.
Some of the most common post-op questions include:
- How should I manage pain following my procedure?
- How long should I experience discomfort?
- Do I need to follow any special dietary guidelines?
- Is it safe for me to drink through a straw?
- Will I be able to drive myself home after my procedure?
- Will I need to take an antibiotic?
- Will I need to return to your office for a follow-up appointment?
- When will my permanent restorations be ready?
- How do I care for my removable prosthesis?